Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonS

Skunk in the Fresh

4 posts in this topic

Ken L and I hit a local river where there's supposed to be a lot of largemouths. Granted we hit it during the middle of the day but I was surprised at the lack of action. It was fun though. We did see some fish and I did have a nice fish take me under a snag and I couldn't get it out. But other then sunnies nothing was happening.

I will probably hit the spot another time either very early or late in the day. My local R has spoiled me as it produces in the middle of the day in summer. It has lots of structure, great weed beds that are all very close to deep water. I was avoiding getting the newer truck so muddy as I know the trail in has huge puddles, but the time is at hand.

i know i hear ya gu. the sacrifices one has to make sometimes... just pay close attention to reports and go when the time is right. strike while the irons hot and so is the bite ma always says. still a little disappointing to chase mud free reports only to have the fish hide on ya. maybe ya needed to fish deeper in the bright sun or go closer to dusk. still a nice paddle is just that. immaculate