Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimW

Skunk at Black Rock

5 posts in this topic

Met Arnie abt 6am as he was launching. Tried up inside first, then all the way out. Still a bunch of bunker but no hits. Saw 1 blue abt 8 lbs taken by boater while I was there.

Jim

Darn. I was hoping to hear that the bloodbath started right after I left. Boy it seemed like a perfect fishing day today, which is all I thought about as I cleaned out the garage and gutters.... Still, I'll bet you had more fun than me. Let's hope the blues haven't turned tail and run. Any recent reports from Milford anyone?

Jim- and I thought I had it bad! Thought for sure you would be into them big time. Norwich was pretty slow also. Picked up a couple of small bass and one shad. Saw one good size blitz and then the fish spread out. Nothing like what Joe v and I ran into last week.

Picked up a 39 and a 29" bass Friday night at HArkness on eels so I don't feel too bad.

I'm done for the weekend but if there are fish around, I would like to get down to Black Rock or Milford if something is working. Maybe the last fling for the season.....

dougie v

Boy do I feel better. I've got someting going on with my motor in the truck and decided not to go so far from home. Today I've got a few gents coming over to play with the yaks.

Dougie V, did you fish down by the state hospital as well, or stay up river? I'm thinking I might try the Thames one last time this next week, if I can get away. When I was there, the fish were stacked up behind the state hospital when it was slow in Norwich.