flyfishing ocean yak for big guy suggestions?

Anybody who has a problem with the specs I posted on page 1, can simply do a GOOGLE search for "Cobra Kayaks", and then click "Fish 'n Dive....likewise T-120.

I figure the manufacturer might know what their product weighs. Of course, if someone has a more accurate figure, I have no problem with being corrected.

My only kayak is a Malibu II, by Ocean Kayak.

AMMO

><))))))))))@>
*AMMODYTE*

My frist kayak was a fish'dive, It wasn't slow if you had a good stroke and didn't try to push it, the harder I paddle the more it wanted to go side to side, but with a good tempo it went at a good clip and where I wanted it to go. I found out that if I pushed it I didn't go as fast. I moved up to an hobie and don't have to worry about a stupid paddle anymore, I don't fly fish,I don't like how they taste, so I can't give you an opinion like the rest of the experts, but if you want the best fishing kayak on the market try the hobie outback. I'm 6' and 220 and have no problems with it and has have a nice fish on that was giving me one of the best tow jobs of my life,when a boat almost ran me over and I didn't get dunk, even with a three foot wake right next to me and the rod under the yak. Give the hobie a try, you be spoiled.

Ammodyte, I'll weigh mine for you, with hatches, if it is anywhwere near 57 pounds I'll ship it to you smile.gif I can power lift my T160i, and it is just ruddered, nothing else, its in at 66 pounds. I can't get close to getting that FnD overhead.

It is notorious that manufacturer's weights are not always overly accurate/reality based. That is one variable that is sometimes hard to discern in the actual product reviews. Is that the weight of the new hull out of the mold? Rigged with hatches? You really need to set it on a scale and see what it actually is. Scott