Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joev

Board is Kicking

8 posts in this topic

Nice to see all this activity already and its not even prime yak weather.

Rember when I first started on this board and it was only one or two topics per day and only 5-6 replies now its kicking.

Thanks to all who have made this the best fishing yak board on the net.Its the first place I go when I get on the web.Sometimes I dont even go to the other sites I am registered with.

Again Thanks to all.

A special Thanks to JonS for getting it going.

Another Special Thanks to TimS for giving us this site to network on.

Dont know what I would do with out it.

JoeV

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin

I agree! This board is by far the most civil,info packed kayak angling board out there. I'd rank yakfishing.com as a distant second, then the four or five other boards(that I know of) as fairly diluted and hardly worth a click but say once a week. On SOL if you snooze a few few hours you are missing something..

Some of those other sites have great lore, and angling/kayak content as well as tons of linked resources; but their boards suck canal water so to say..

Even yakfishing has its loudspoken few and as a result lots of folks who could share input to California's kayak angling newbies just don't seem to bother. I rarely contribute there-if ever.

The CFK board, IMHO, is a highly commercial and tightly controlled and essentially meaningless BB. There is nothing said there that can't be read on the other CA boards; and most of the good posts are repeated and CC'd on multiple boards as well-especially if someone catches some fish!

So you SOL'ers have a good thing going. I hope it remains open and free and full of a variety of willing contributors. I personally learn something everyday from the posts on this site; whether it is a kayak blurb, new technique, how to tie a fly, or finding a link to a fresh website selling something I am interested in. Nowhere else do I find this much useful info. The caliber of input from seasoned pros here keeps me coming back. It is also exciting to see the kayak fishing sport taking-off on the East Coast of the USA. It has been booming off the coast of Greenland for some time now smile.gif Thanks TimS and Jon S. Thanks to the board members as well-you guys rock!

Sharp1

(Rich)

Its been about 2 years since I proposed to Tim that we have a kayak fishing forum. At first Tim asked if it could be included in the boating forum. My response was that the only thing we had in common was that we both floated on water. That's not entirely true. We both fish while floating on the water. Tim agreed to the forum if I'd be the moderator. Its been a labor of love. It just goes to show you "if you build it they will come." Tim has created something very special here at SOL and my role has been to share his philosphy and that of SOL on this forum. The free exchange of info is what makes this place what it is.

In the beginnnig it was slow. But all of us have brought others to this place. Kayak fishing is exploding here in the east and naturally people are going to gravitate to the place where they can get the info they need and meet others who share their passion. Also we've done a great job to keep the BS out, which we see on so many other forums out of here.

Its mind boggling to think what's going to happen this season as the sport has reached critical mass in this region and is about to explode.

Lots of great new people and places to kayak fish.

[This message has been edited by JonS (edited 03-25-2002).]

Gotta agree with everyone on this, I've have been absolutely impressed with everyone I have met on this board. This is one top quality site with the best people imaginable, Never thought I would make suchgood friends with folks I've exchanged info with on a BB. Porter has become a very good friend, along with being a guy I enjoy fishing with, a very determined and conservative fisherman. JonS, kayakjoe, Doug, pmjasper all are great guys, had an absolute blast fishing with these guys, only days after and in the shadows of the greatest tradgedy our country has seen. It really made me appreciate the quality of folks here, along with helping to relieve some of the angst of the time. Meeting up with One More Cast, Christian, & Dan(he's a lurker by admission smile.gif) this weekend just further proved the quality of folks here, genuine good guys. I am absolutely positive that all that are coming down for the Flats Fling will have a great time and go away with at least a couple new fishing buddies. Thanks TimS and JonS for a great board, you definitely deserve a big tip o'the hat!icon14.gificon14.gif

Bob