Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joev

Yak Pike Fishing

14 posts in this topic

I am gonna get out this weekend for some pike in Ct.Anyone who is intrested please let me know .Very easy paddle spot all you need is some big live bait.Fish should be stacked in front of spawing areas since the water is to low to get into those spots.Guy who turned me onto the spot caught one over 20 pds last year and a bunch over 10 pds.

Make sure you have a freshwater license.

JoeV

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin

Joe, I am interested too!

Pick up my CT licence a few weeks ago. Any excuse to be on the water - paddling or fishing - preferably both biggrin.gif

I'll throw flies just to see whats up.

Have a great time guys. We have pike here too. I may hit them in another day or two.

I usually get a NJ and PA license and sometimes NY. I'm getting the NY to fish with DCVER and the trips of the Hudson. I'm not going to add CT to the list.

Tight Lines and watch the teeth.

Adrian,

I've heard you can hammer the bucketmouths in Lake Lillinonah with flies, nice ones. You may have been in there already, it's probably half an hour from you. Some Pike, too.

Jim

I have to confess that I've not fished in Freshwater since moving here 6 years ago! There's lots of good choices within an hours drive but the lure of the salt always gets the better of me. This year will be different!

Ok I am thinking Sat. Am Supposed to be windy and maybe am showers.Thats ok with me.

Adrian there are SM bass in there too and some LM bass.

I am gonna go Friday afternoon and try some recon.Check out a few spots and try to see where they are.Got a report that they hit them early in the week a couple to 10 pds.Couldnt get a exact location but there is only 10 or so spots where they should be.The area is only about 5 miles long and at the widest spot 250 feet.

We could do it on Sunday if that works better for you guys.

JoeV

------------------

Sunday would work for me any time. I gota get tyin' - sent out a bunch of pike flies for a swap recently but not got any back yet.

I know they got TEETH but are they in the same class as Barracuda? If so I'll use synthetics since 'cuda will shred a bucktail fly with a single hit.

Adrian they have teeth.Heard suckers are a favorite bait.

JimW and Adrian check your pms.

JoeV

------------------

Hey Arnie Thought you went South on us.

Check your PM.

If ya need more info give me a call tonight.

JoeV

------------------