Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rudy

Fall Fling, Oct. 20

5 posts in this topic

To All,

I have not fished with the kayak myself in this area but I plan to bring it to the fall fling Oct. 20 at Robert Moses State park. If the wind is not too strong we could have good fishing there since the backside of Fire island inlet is protected from from the ocean. Also I have launched from the ocean in Breezy Point so if the surf is not too rough I will launch here also.

Rudy

PS-I thought about launching yesterday from the ocean at Breezy Point but with the 10-12ft waves I did not think it was a good idea.

I'm bringing mine also. Since owning a yak I've only gone surf fishing once without having one along and I regretted the deciscion. You never know and its nice to be prepared. I've launched off of Moses before and caught fish.

You had better check with the State Park Police first!

Kayaks are not allowed at either Jones Beach or Robert Moses.

Having on on top of the car just might keep you out of the park!

As I said in another post, there IS a (closed) launching ramp at the old Oak Beach Inn, that is not in either of the State Parks. I am curious where in Robert Moses you have launched in the past? Oceanfront?

I am trying to get Comissioner Castro to allow kayak launching at Jones Beach, Field 10. So far, no results. I cannot imagine where it would be a good idea at Robert Moses.

Flounder

Flounder I have launched all season long at moses,captree and sunken meadow.No problem whatsoever.This includes going out at night.The park rangers would pullup and ask me how the fishing was.I also take the kayak on the truck when I go on the beach at demo and montauk.Again no problem. Doug