Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dougie v

7/4 report

2 posts in this topic

Made a trek to Pt Jude in RI. New it might get tough when I found all the surfers watching the waves. Ventured out on the inside of the jetty and then rounded the break water for open ocean. Large rollers coming in- 4-7 footers. Not a big problem- stayed away from the curl and shore. Marked some fish and picked up one 24" bass and many cocktail blues. My yakking partnergot seasick (I was getting close too) and we headed back. Small blues everywhere.

Went to Quannie breachway by myself and picked up 31" / 12 lb. bass along with three others and a blue. No one from the baots or shore were catching anything... got a lot of questions from the shore folks as I was trying to leave.

Overall- good day! Keep the bass for the picnic-cut it into chunks and boiled with vinegar. Dip in butter and a nice lobster substitute. Big hit with the relatives....

Yesterday was a tough day for dmac, Joey and myself at the Norwalks. the wind was against us both ways. We got lots of exercise and can't wait to hit the area when the fish are in. Big fish was my slot bass. We managed a few schoolies and I also got a fluke on the tube in worm.