Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scupfin

Roof Rack

10 posts in this topic

We can't post commercial links here, but put www and .com around these three words and you will have some choices. Thule, Yakima, Barrecrafters. Each website has a vehicle fitting tool.

KF I have a 97 Explorer and used the Thule kit that goes right into the factory track, I am very satisfied. I just removed the Ford crossbars. Some of the companies make a kit to fit your existing crossbars but I find the rack companies bars are usually stronger. Ilucked out and posted on some of the kayak fishing boards that I was looking and a guy had one sitting in his garage. icon14.gif

"Thanks westhaven. I went with the swedes. So far so good. "

I don't think you can go wrong with the Swedes. I have a set of bars w/locks that is over twenty years old and they are still going. I have set ups for bikes, skis, yak and a cargo rack, very easy to change set ups. Have used just bars to haul plywood sheets more than once. smile.gif

No I don't sell them nor have stock in the company. I am sure both are equally great.

Do you want round bars or flat bars and what do you want to invest. hammer-time.gif

Roof racks maybe like choices of electronic trains: Lionel or American Flyer. My first set of roof racks were Quick-n- easy. You bolted a 2x4 for a cross beam- bombproof. But you need a roof gutter. Next I got Thule because I liked the name and what it meant and got them used at half price. I'm sure Yak..., etc are also fine. Don't worry.

Ted

I got my yakima rack on ebay and saved $140. Plus even though I have one yak I got 2 sets of landshark saddles and a pair of hull raisers. So technically I saved almost $200.