Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeB

Back in the (STS) Saddle Again

14 posts in this topic

FINALLY.

I managed to fight off not feeling too well Sunday morning after a run-in with a few beers Saturday night and took Yum Yum and my girlfriend down to the GSB for some yakking (her first time) and some fishing (I had a new flyline to break in). Gorgeous day (HOT) outside. We didn't get down to the water until a bit after 12pm. Ugh. No fish going to be had on the flats I thought....

So Kristy (gf) is off paddling around, loving life, now completely and hopelessly in love with my Explorer.

Kris_Kayak.jpg

It was great to see her so excited about being on the water. What was even better was the fact that while she was out there, I managed a decent weakfish fishing a jiggy fleye off a channel edge. Could life get any better at this point?

Yup...b/c once I took the kayak back and paddled off the flat, I was fortunate enough to land my first weakfish from the kayak, fishing that same jiggy. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

It was truely a great day to be on the water. We stayed for a bit longer, but then the yahoo's running jet ski's came out of nowhere fast.

Hope eveyone else had a great weekend.

------------------

Joe

GO NAVY

g0404980.gif

JPL-

Thanks, buddy. I definately hit the jackpot on this one. wink.gif It's nice having a woman that has the same hobbies, career goals, and can shoot the hell out of a basketball--even after a few beers (don't ask). Keeps me on my toes, for sure.

mrsinbad-

I told you I wasn't taking a "true" fishing trip. We were only out for a few hours at most.

I'm sorry. crying.gif Can we still be fishing buddies?

sinbad: you would've been a third wheel anyway...maybe they ended up on some cozy island with chardonay!smile.gif

[This message has been edited by JPL (edited 07-01-2002).]

CHIEF500-

I'm working on that...but given the fact that we're both still students, many pennies are going to have to be saved starting now.

Boy JoeB, she looks good!!! And the girl looks cute too!!! How come Jons and Ken's explorere don't float so high when loadedsmile.gif Good job on the fish. Santiago II and I found a great lake down in Paltz. When can you go? Scott

Hey Joe,

You know that his and hers Explorers spells COMMITMENT (did I spell it right?)!!! wink.gif

Anyway, when are you gonna let her have a rod on Yum Yum and bring her into the Darkside?

Oh, let your GF know that she 's real popular with the guys here on SOL.

JPL, you're right. I would have been a third wheel and I'm sure Joe doesn't want me stealing his "MOVES"

[This message has been edited by mrsinbad (edited 07-01-2002).]

ScottO-

I think I may have Monday and Thursday of next week 1/2 days in the hospital...done by 10:30am. confused.gif I'll try and find out more as this week progresses. Otherwise, weekes are great for me. And then any day your little heart desires after the 12th (almost).

PS. mrsinbad--When you find someone who WANTS you to take them fishing, you don't mind throwing that word around. wink.gif Well, you don't mind that much. As far as giving her a fishing rod on Yum Yum, I was cwm31.gif she would out fish me on my home waters. You know where we were. Go fish.

[This message has been edited by JoeB (edited 07-01-2002).]