Are tica rods junk?

Rate this topic

WFO

I just purchased a new UEHA 836502s 12' 4-10 for 55 bucks, and hung my 4500b on it as an old school rig,.....some would consider vintage....lol.

Having two other Ticas,...one being an 11.5' and the other a 1 piece 8' I find it odd that I have had zero issues with the guides on the 11.5 (aside from the tip I replaced from shipping when new),  but have replaced 4 of the six on the 8'.

I find the weight ratings on the UEHA series to be pretty accurate,....unlike many manufacturers,....like the latest Okuma Solaris 12' w/a 6-16 rating that I acquired.

My 10’6” tc2 has served me well and definitely a great deal for cost. However as I have learned more of what I like out of feel and so on I will be looking to upgrade this year. Tica has been great and taught me a lot

Little stiff for plugging but for the price a decent rod

Damn sight better than an Ugly Stick

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

On 2/12/2013 at 9:49 AM, WFO said:

Does anyone own a tica rod?

I want to pick up their salmon steal head rod 14' but I don't know their durability.

Anyone have any experiences with tica rod?

I don't own that particular rod you're speaking of but I have 2 9 ft surf rods, I bought the first one fish with it one morning and the next morning after fishing I went back to the bait shop and bought a second one because it was so wonderful to fish.

I have the UEHA527402C and I love both of them, they are rated 2 to 6 oz and they handle that range so nice.

They are very versatile!, And the guides are good, never a problem with them at all.

HH

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

15 hours ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

I don't own that particular rod you're speaking of but I have 2 9 ft surf rods, I bought the first one fish with it one morning and the next morning after fishing I went back to the bait shop and bought a second one because it was so wonderful to fish.

I have the UEHA527402C and I love both of them, they are rated 2 to 6 oz and they handle that range so nice.

They are very versatile!, And the guides are good, never a problem with them at all.

HH

last visited in 2016