Are tica rods junk?

Rate this topic

WFO

I have a 9' and 10' tica Tc2 and like them both. No issues the 9 footer casts plugs a mile. Recently I wanted another 9 footer and was looking for a deal on a Tica. I ended up getting a 9' tsunami Trophy series only because I got a great deal on it and I though it compared very close to the Tica if not a little better. Plus I'm always up for trying something new.

I am the second owner of a 9' UEHA that has seen more then average amount of fish. I learned on this 50/50 rod and made my mistakes by casting through a few guides and wearing off the cork from use/etc. Although it isn't my wetsuiting rod that 1/2-3oz does a lot of damage on a lot of fish. Great for light bucktails and rubbers through good sized dannys and SS type profiles. Light weight, replaced the stockers to hardloys and can't say enough good stuff about the Dolphin line as well. 7-9 footers in surf rods are terrific, had a 10.6 2-6oz heaver but it wasn't right for the fishing I did. You can't go wrong for the price...Airwaves as well are terrific.

There's no need to stand on top of a rock when the water's 6 inches deep around you and you're wearing waders - you're at cuttyhunk damnit, be hardcore. -EBHarvey

I had 2 of the ueha models 5 or 6 years ago for my son i to mainly use as pier rods and some surf . I liked them but had guides crack on both of them within a year . the blanks seemed to be of good quality . Hopefully , they are using better guides these days on current models .

only have experience with their surf rods, the older ueha i think models...blanks are great, guides are junk, reelseats are junk...i still own 3, all have been rewrapped with better guides and new reelseats...one 12' 4-10 ounce model cut a bit from the tip to around 11'8 or so is an awesome beach rod for drum when major distance isnt a concern...two 8 footers for spanish macks alberts bluefish etc, general bait rods

Paint it RED

ive caught plenty of 50-60 pound black drum on my 8 footers when i used to fish the bridge tunnel alot.....floating little pieces of clams to fish on the surface in the wind or tide...some of the big girls would go 180 degrees from the side of the pier you were on and have the blank pressed on the concrete pier as they screeched off line backwards....that put alotta confidence in the blanks for me haha..ive caught big rays, sheepshead, big catfish, etc on them, i wouldnt hesitate to throw a eel on one to a cobia in open water...i do know of alot of broken ones, but as with any rod 95% is user error or neglect that leads to breaks....the guides on one of my 8 footers were all replaced except for ne before i rebuilt it...but that was from dropping them , them sliding off the bed when i propped em on my truck, them riding in the back of the truck etc..

Paint it RED