Are tica rods junk?

Rate this topic

WFO

I have several Ticas. My 10.6 is my backup rod that I leave in the truck in case I need it due to a blow up on my primary. I figure if the creeps get into my ride they are not getting a high end outfit.Hell they will get a box full of plugs anyway, so why feed them a rod too. I have fished it often and it's a great rod at the price. I have custom Lamis, St. Croix, etc... and lets face it, they are not that quality but it fishes pretty damm good. I have two conventional bait chuckers with old time Squidders and Abus on them and they have performed as good or better than most people would expect. As far as the other posts state, yep the components are what you can expect on a rod in this price range but I personally have never had a problem. In this day and age of having to have the custom xxxi!!2xcb3 rods!!!! or not look like a "sharpie" it's not a bad rod for the guy who isn't putting in 30 hours a week in the water or like me wants it in the truck as a backup. Good Luck on your choice.

For what it's worth, the salmon steelhead series are popular here in Hawaii. I was home over the weekend and used my dad's HLHB12H2S Heavy 12' rod rated for 12/25lb line and 1/2-1 3/4 oz lures. I used it for several hours throwing 1.5 oz egg lead with 20# suffix 832 and it got some good distance. I personally like the action of the blank, stiff enough for me. The only downside is it starts to feel heavy after a while, but nothing unbearable. I paired it with a 5000 Stradic FJ.

We got ours at a local tackle shop for $75. Great value if you ask me

For what it's worth, the salmon steelhead series are popular here in Hawaii. I was home over the weekend and used my dad's HLHB12H2S Heavy 12' rod rated for 12/25lb line and 1/2-1 3/4 oz lures. I used it for several hours throwing 1.5 oz egg lead with 20# suffix 832 and it got some good distance. I personally like the action of the blank, stiff enough for me. The only downside is it starts to feel heavy after a while, but nothing unbearable. I paired it with a 5000 Stradic FJ.

We got ours at a local tackle shop for $75. Great value if you ask me

Do they have any 14' HLHB14H2S and or HLHB14M2S for cheap?

Good rod for the money. I use the 12 foot UEHA 4-10 ounce rods. Their butt is long for me so I cut off three inches. I have had guides pop out of the insert but the occasional price of fixing it versus the service I get, no brianer. I use it for everything from stripers to sharks. It has never let me dwon. My PB striper is on a TICA. I believe the Dolphin model does not have guide problem?

I have the tica Ulua gold series 13' two piece. Wasabi green color with triple coil guides no ring guides inserts to pop out! Med. /Hvy action with lure wt. 4-8oz. Line=40-50#. Xflock grips. 26mm reel seat. Stainless steel butt cap. Paired it with a 300 series Newell reel or shimano torium 30 conventional reel. Can cast it 100+ yds. Great for shoreline surf fishing! Paid $129

I purchased a Tica rod for my wife to use six years ago because it had nice action and was very light. She loved it and when I used it I thought it was great. Got three more for light action boat rods and they are great. They have handled stripers in the high 30 lb range and are great up and down rods for seabass,scup,fluke, etc. Very nice rod for kids. No issues at all...Great reasonable rods 

I've had 4 of them & have done away with them all but one a 9ft casting rated 2-6oz Have heard good & bad about them but for me just didn't like the feel of them & had prob with the eyes.The 9ft I've kept is prob one in a million rod because it has been fished hard for over 10 yrs with no issues. For this side of budget rods i'm pretty much a diehard Tsunami trophy fan.