Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevel

Abdication

8 posts in this topic

The benevolent despot hereby abdicates just before the triumphant return of the incumbent regime. He heads off to start a guide service and a rival board in exile on a small, island off the French coast. He can be found at elba.com.

stevel: with banishment...I have my triumpant return (albeit, a muted return). Powered yaks shall overcome...just like those barcodes gradually took over magazines.

No powered yak or baitfishermen allowed on Elba. All flies use only natural materials. Hooks are barbless. Execution is the punishment for keeping a short fish. The navy patrols the waters 24/7 and has standing orders to sink gill netters.

It is always late September there. 60lb. tuna are found regularly in the surf and eat clousers as their natural food.

Right outside the palace, there is a large marsh with fast-running water and several large flats that is home to the world's largest school of 20lb and 30lb stripers. It is open only to the king and guests. There's a 36'' limit on a keeper--- and one per week.

It is illegal for the wind to blow in a direction that is opposed to where the king and his guests need to cast.

stevel-

If you need a baliff over there, you know where to find me. wink.gif Heck, 60# tuna on the fly may have me swimming for Elba ASAP anyways....

But no Surf Candies allowed? I hope there are no toothy critters in the drink! icon25.gif

------------------

Joe

Stranded in Albany

GO NAVY

Jon,

While you were gone, I banished about a dozen people. Some for real offenses, others just because I felt like it. JoeB as bailiff has the full records. However, he might have taken a variety of bribes to mitigate the sentences.

In a midnight raid on Saturday, JoeB, with his heavy, BassBlitz, confiscated a dozen yaks from people we felt didn't deserve to have them. One person publicly said he was thinking of putting a MOTOR on his yak and another asked about fishfinder mounting, which, as you know, was strictly forbidden this past weekend.

Anyway, I'm over here in Elba and you'll have to sort it all out now. Just thought you might want to invite some of them back.

(BTW, killed them at CI on Fri., but the weekend was a bust.)