Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dick

Hit Chambers lake yesterday!

2 posts in this topic

Fraggin, Flyak, and myself hit a local lake yesterday afternoon for some fresh water action. I ended up with 20-30 crappie, one 12-13" bass adn a dink plus one pickeral about 17-18". Great day on the water. I'll let the others say how they did biggrin.gif A nice day on the water.

O', one point of interest. You do need a permit OR have your kayak registered to use PA lakes and contrary to what I've heard...smile.gif (Thanks Ed...biggrin.gif) The rangers do NOT sell them out of their trucks..smile.gif Be sure to get you yak registered and have the proper stickers for the areas you fish.

Ok, I admit it. I got da skunk. skunk.gif Here comes the excuse part. rolleyes.gif I took the spin rod out of moth balls for the first time in 5 years, didn't even have one of those expensive plastic bait thingies you guys use. Fraggin & Dick were nice enough to let me use some of their plastic stuff; a little grub/jig thing and a big plastic two piece thing with more hooks than a hokey late night infomercial. confused.gif That thing caught everything BUT fish; me, da boat, weeds, trees, rocks....arrrg. cwm23.gif.

Give me da FLY ROD and a nice, hand tied flyak woolly bugger any day. thumbuprt.gif

Oh yea, about the permit thing. Any information on the PABC webpage is questionable at best. Contact a State or County park office and buy a sticker there BEFORE you launch. cwm35.gif -Ed

------------------

flyak