Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kayaker

Suggestions for a new Kayak?

19 posts in this topic

My old kayak has been in service for about 9 years. I need a new one. Was contemplating an open kayak vs. a sit in. I will be using the new for ocean side and use the old one for the mud flats on the bayside. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful. Thanks kayaker.

------------------

I suggest Regular WS Pungo for a sit-in and OK Scrambler XT for a sit-on- Of course those are the two I'm most familiar with. If you are in calm water that's cold alot of the year- I would definitly go with a sit-in.

There are will be some new breeds of fishing kayaks coming out and some that are here already. The Tarpon 160 is considered by some as the best SOT (Sit On Top) kayak for fishing big waters here in the North East. The new Tarpon 120 is newer still with owners reporting they like it very much being lighter in weight. Before you move on search out another web site (www.****stuff.com)and read the kayak reviews, good info there. Good luck on your quest.

kayaker, what are your dimensions? That will help us.

Also I have a company that's builiding a kayak based upon our designs (Joey, myself and a few others). It will be available this spring and it is being built for fisherman without compromising to suits, and dumb stuff.

------------------

baja55@optonline.net

My dimensions 36-24-36. biggrin.gif

Just kidding. 6' 225lbs 36 waist. Looking at the websites. Will propbally wait unitl spring. The new yak will be for ocean side only. Since I will use the old yak for the backside.

kayaker, The boat will be made by a new company that has just been formed. Canadian made they will be wharehoused in Reading,penna. Prototype is suposed to be ready soon.

Barrell