Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yak Attack

Thames report coming 11/15/01

18 posts in this topic

Going to the Thames, Thur morning 5:30ish. I won't be in the tupperware, fishing from motorized aluminum. I will be in the "spots" as they have become known as. Starting in the Shetucket and working past the tepee's, that allow gambling. I'll fill everyone in on the days adventure, Thursday afternoon. Wish me luckbiggrin.gifwink.gifHappyWave.gif

Good luck Mike, Dont go to far past the lone bridge maybe 200 ft or so bottom comes up quick.Look for shad at lone bridge left or Norwich side between land and first pillar.Seems like they are always there just ahead or behind bridge.Drift that hole from lone bridge to bunch of bridges staying to right side heading upstream.Been watching the locals.biggrin.gif

joev

joev, are you talking about the bridge, that is well upstream from the 3 bridges on the s bend? Where did Dougie catch his fish? I caught a bunch of blues last time at the first bend going upstream. The guy I'm going with lost a jig in the side of the railroad bridge last trip out. I'm bringing a telescoping golf ball scoop to try and retrieve it. The jig is brite green and looks pretty funny sticking in the side of the bridge.

Mike its not to far 400 yds ? upstream.Doug caught his rod breaking mule biggrin.gif about 100 ft down from lone bridge. Channel follows south side or right side looking up river.I think there is a hole 1/2 way down that pool staying 1/4 way across .Same locals always camped out there in boat.They dont stray to far.They have been getting them for about 4-5 weeks now.

joev

Mike, Joe,

yak'd Norwich habor Monday a.m for about an hour and half. Picked up no bass and had a tough time picking up shad. people off the docks were being skunked and a lady who spent 2-3 hours before dawn went skunked.

Mike, I'm sorry to even report this, but wanted to forwarn you. I still think there is fish, but I have to imagine that some of the shad stocks must be down after weeks of being drilled by the linesiders!

Are you converting to an aluminum yak? Haven't seen any of them yet!?!

dougie v

ohhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Well as promised, here is my fishing report biggrin.gif Lets all sing along. cwm14.gif

"On the first night of fishing my true love gave to me, 15 small strippers, twooo 28 inchers, fourrr biiiiig asss fiiiish. Two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree "

Now for you baa humbug fisherpeople! devil.gif Everything in the lyrics is correct, except, maybe the doves and the partridge and yeah yeah, there was no pear tree.

Went out in an aluminum boat (not aluminum yak! duh! Dougie, lol) We went up the Shetucket to the lonely bridge. Casting lures/jigs we between the two of us caught about 15 small strippers to 20 inches (caught my smallest stripper ever) and 2 others 28 and 29 inches. That action died down and we decided to try livelining. We caught a few shad and caught four strippers all in the 34 to 36 range. We also, lost four that felt about the same size, but my have been bigger or lets just say they were.biggrin.gif These fish were caught before the next bridge downstream. devil.gif

So, there you have it, the Norwich report, by Yak Attack

Yak on / fish on

No broken poles, but Dougie's fish was bigger, DAMN ....

Oh Yeah! thanks for the report Dougie, you trying to keep all those bass to yourself. lol.biggrin.gif I got there and the look was non- fishy. I smelled a skunk.gif coming on BUT.... low and behold the fish god gave me a icon14.gif

Never did get to try the teepees. Thanks for the info Capt Joe V your like a human gps.

Yakity yak yak

Mike nice job did you catch em in the hole.?Is there a hole there?Would like to recoup a little intell for future sorties.smile.gif Got to get me a depth finder for that spot.Its a nice spot.Whats up for the weekend Mike?

capt joev(human gps thats cool)best fishing compliment I ever got.

Capt Joev, There is a hole of sorts, was around 12-15 feet deep. I didn't try live-lining there, but drifted along the south bank, didn't pick anything up until the next bridge. Was a guy there earlier, who did get a few along the river edge, also on the south side. I'll plot that area, next season with my depth finder. Sat is alway bad for me, Sunday and weekdays the best. My biggest problem right now is my yak vehicle is down, and I haven't bought the cold water gear needed, yet.

Yak