Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Biggie

Monmouth Yak Report

7 posts in this topic

Fished just north of the SFZ in the yak August 4. No wind. Hot, muggy. Water very clean. Caught 1 Spanish Mack on the fly rod on a chart/pearl jiggie fly. It tasted GREAT on the grill. Saw one albie porpoising after rainfish (?). Once the 7th fleet came out of SRI the place was a mess and I left. Some dude from Fish'n Forum magazine asked to take pictures as I launched.

Hey Biggie whats going on, listen I am right in the same area & love to fish the salt with that Yak. I usually am off on Sunday & Tuesday so if your looking for someone to fish with give me a shout. I usually launch Asbury / Deal area smile.gif

PS I am also willing to do the night excursions this fall but only with a partner.

I've hit the night thing by myself once or twice and haven't felt safe. Much better with a buddy. Marky, I fish the deal asbury area too, I have wanted to drift eels at night just offshore but haven't found any company. If you want to do a late Sat night into Sun and can't find any partners drop me a line.

Not that I really want to jump into your spot but SFZ? I got the SRI thing but I'm puzzled with the Z. No problem on keeping it secret but after the photo and the description by Fishing Forum it won't be secret for long.

Marky, I fish the deal asbury area too, I have wanted to drift eels at night just offshore but haven't found any company. If you want to do a late Sat night into Sun and can't find any partners drop me a line.

Great, you will definately be hearing from me in da near future smile.gif ah the thrill of the open ocean after dark in a YAK....can't wait!