Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YakFisher

Assateague Kayak Fishing

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? A buddy and I are going to stay at a campground and try to get a line wet. Apparently surf fishing isn't that great this time of year, but does anyone have any info on the bay side. How about any ocean recommendations? We will be staying the night of Aug 18th, anybody is welcome to join!

Thanks,

joe

Yakfisher,

I was just there 3 weeks ago. We were catching some very small seabass in a couple deep holes by the airport runway. In the evening there were large schools of small blues chasing bait onto the flats on the island side. Flounder were few and far between. Hopefully you will have better luck.

Bob "Mullet" Miller

Joe,

Your timing couldn't be better... I was just catching up on the board here (been almost 2 weeks since I've had the time) and looking for something to do this weekend. My wife is off to Kansas City for three days and I'm sorely behind in my on-the-water-days tally. Assateague sounds like a great plan.

BTW Bob, "yakfisher" is Joe that went out with you and I on the Susky flats this spring. You should think about coming down to the Assateague this weekend as well.

Chris

Hey Chris and Bob,

You are both certainly welcome to join JT and I. I have a campground that is at the limit for tents, but I got one easily at Assateauge STATE Park. Here is the web site: Assateague State Park

I am staying Friday night, because JT and I are going tuna fishing with 4 other buddies of his. Sat AM we plan to fish, then camp, then maybe fish again.

According to the striper report, surf fishing has been slow. But I read one report saying that croaker have been hot in the bays from the 50 bridge down to Assateague.

We'll be bringing FRS radios and headlamps to attempt to night fish depending on the conditions in the bay.

Both of you are welcome! Chris, you know my cell or you can call me at work..703-265-1821

Tight lines,

joe

Chris & Joe,

Don't htink I can make the trip. The wifes father is not doing to good with latest round of chemo, very bad infection developed Sunday. If things look better towards end of week I'll call and let you know.

See Ya,

Bob