Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonS

Hike in Kayak Lake

6 posts in this topic

I've got a remote lake in NJ that I'm going to hit Sunday or soon thereafter. I'm looking for another person to join me. It will require wheeling the kayaks in and there might be a couple of sections where 2 people would be easier to negotiate the trail. I have never fished the lake but it has one nearby that has big bass in it. This lake if difficult, if not impossible to fish from the shoreline and tuff to access with even a float tube. So let me know if you're interested.

------------------

baja55@optonline.net

Jon,

Jamie and I are gonna be up your way for a funeral on Sunday (9/1). We plan to fish that afternoon. Any heads up on where to try for a smallie or two would be appreciated. We may or may not have a lot of time to scout things out before dark. I even thought about maybe staying up that way for the weekend if there are significant smallie things goin on. Any thoughts? Oh...and the walk in place sounds SWEET.

[This message has been edited by DougC (edited 08-25-2002).]

The lake was no good. Oh well, its the only way to find out. We fished the one that you can drive right up to afterwards and just got small bass. Ken lost a good one but it was the middle of the day and I'm sure most of the big fish were deep in the weeds. Wish we had fly rods as there was a ton of surface activity from lots of small bass. It would have been fun for a while throwing poppers and mini crease flies.

My next hike in will be a weekday excursion, and the other time I hit this one I got 21 smallies from a float tube and I never got to the fishiest looking part of the lake.

------------------

baja55@optonline.net