COLD WEATHER WEAR

JonS.I have a never worn pair of 5mm neoprene bootfoot waders from Cabela's.

They said I can just exchange them for whatever I want.

But of course I'm unsure about getting rid of them thinking they might come in handy later in the season.

Decisions, decisions!

Why decide?

Have both!!!

Definately keep the 5 mm for late season action it can get pretty cold around Thanksgiving smile.gif & into December... I thought about getting a pair of 5 mm the other day. Boy how the $$$$ adds up.

Now how about the perfect pair of gloves, they are gonna be a must as your hands almost always get a bit wet. Something light, flexible & warm, any thoughts?

Marky,

You're not kidding about this stuff adding up!!

And I thought Harleys were a money pit!!cwm14.gif

Gotta have the right gear though.

You're right about keeping the 5mm waders.

So now all I need are the breathable waders, Black Rock jacket, booties, gloves and some time off!

The dentist is gonna have to wait!!biggrin.gif

Guys - you don't need the 5 mm neoprenes. The breathables are the only waders you'll need for now on. They will cover everything from just a touch to cold for shorts to the most extreme conditions. Its how you layer that counts. You can put as much stuff as you want under the breathables and be much warmer and more comfortable than you can be in neoprenes. I've been out in some incredibly nasty weather. I went out one day in 15-25 mph NE winds off of the Hook. Every 3rd wave broke over the bow and flooded the yak. Other than the srong gloves (which I've since fixed) I was dery and comfortable. Air temps were around 40 and the wind chill near zero. If you wear long johns and fleece you will be to warm in the cold. So if it comes to a choice of one or the other definately get the breathables. You'll only need a lot of layers if you're wading. If you're going to spend most of your time in the yak you don't need a lot of stuff underneath. I went to a flea marker and I bought several weights of fleece sweat pants. they were $12.00 a pair of 2 for $20.00, they work great.

DASBOOT - If I were you I'd exchange the boot foots for a pair of stockingfoots and get an oversized pair of flats boots. If your shoe size is 9 get size 11s to go over.

OK JonS!

I will listen to the voice of experience in this matter.

If the layering will work in those conditions I am sure they will work anywhere.

I was hoping to go out today but by the time I got home it was 3:30pm and I don't want to be rushing on my first outing.

How do you look for Monday?

Just tell me where you want me to be and what time to be there.

Later..........Mike