Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joev

Sat Am Fishing

5 posts in this topic

JimW ,DougieV,And myself will be hitting the lower Housatonic River.We are meeting at 530 am at the boat launch on Birdseye Rd. in Stratford.Its off RT. 113 .All are welcome to join us.We might head over to Black Rock harbor if nothing happens there.Will post tommorrow.

joev

Hit the spot at 550 am. 20 minutes late.Doug was there Jim wasnt.JimW got paddle ? cwm13.gif

Jim,Doug and I wont let ya forget again.So we headed down river fished it hard nadda.Hard paddle against current to boat ramp.Doug had to get back home .So Jim and I checked out Black Rock nadda.I was smelling skunk so I decided to check out Devon power plant.Got there birds working about 1/2 mile upstream.Paddled my arse off to get there .Got there birds stopped working cwm23.gif.So I heade back to bridge 1st cast with a sluggo hooked up with a nice 20 inch schoolie.Caught about 20 in 11/2 hrs.

Just as I was about to head back in I saw a little splash out of the corner of my eye.I paddle upstream and low and behold BUNKER tons of them.So I snag one up ,let it swim around and nadda.Hate it when that happens.Any way it was good hooking up with Doug and Jim again.As I post this its snowing like crazy .They say we will get 3-6 inches .

joev

Jim got Paddle cwm13.gif

Jon ,When I saw them Bunker the tide was going slack(thats a good thing cause it rips thru there ,very hard to fish )The wind stopped.I thought it was going to be my day for a large.But you know how it goes.

joev