Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dougie v

Bad Boys

12 posts in this topic

Joe V and Jim W,

word has it that DEP is looking for three yakers who caught fish in the Norwich harbor Sat.- they don't have a CT. fishin license . I didn't even think about it, but I know that one of those bridges is the delineation mark for fresh/salt water change. Got license.... confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

dougie v

Hey Doug I was a good boy .I had mine.I believe the line is I95 bridge.We hit the cove picked up a bunch of schoolies 10-15 inches.Then called it quits.Doug do some recon up there for future adventures.Oh ya hows that custom yak rod?tongue.gif

joev

So I guess they're only looking for one transgressor, look at the efficiency we can give DEP. I've been amazed by those guys, I think they sit in parking lots with night vision googles, whacking guys taking home shorts off jetty's 330 yds away. Good on 'em, they've always been nice to me.

Joev, where were you today, raking leaves?

Jim

Yup raking leaves ,washing cars,cleaning garage,installing coat rack in sons bedroom and earning some brownie points.It suck but you gotta do it.

joev

Great! I'm the only criminal here? You guys have to take care of the salty folk. Maybe I'll buy one of those liceses next yr.

Picked up a couple of 30" bass last night using little wigglers. Got a page from my wife while on a rock hooked up! She made me go home crying.gif Nothin worse that getting into fish and the having to leave...

So what's up for the weekend? Fri night / Sat a.m. is open for me so far.

Let me know-dougie v

Hey Doug if ya get a chance do a little recon at Pine Island and Napatree Point I saw in other boards that it is loaded with bait bass blues and albies.Might be worth a try if the weather holds up.

joev

Doug I got this from somebody.If ya get a chance can you check it out. Joev...I've done the Barn Island ride and it is a bit far...although the best option when parking is an issue during the summer (the time in between Labour Day and Memorial Day)... Early and late in the season you can follow the road into the center of Watch Hill and as you pass the marina on your right, turn into the parking lot and follow your nose to the very back corner of the lot...water on you right and the rear of the "beach club" on your left...Unless things have radically changed, parking has not been a problem and you can launch/recover right there.

That puts you on the inside corner from which you can access the back of Napatree, the sandy islands and flats, and out and around the point. Paddle safe!

Thanks joev

Any W/E reports from NY guys? I guess I'm game to go east if that's where the fish are. Was hoping they were coming here instead of us going there. It's only Monday. Let's see, if I can an extra 1.25 hrs of sleep every night I won't need any on Friday, right? Jim

Joe v,

I've done exactly that at Watch Hill! No problems at all parking and the paddle is not too bad. We ended up picking up a lot 20 to 30" fish there.

At the very end of Napatree there is a lot of structure and fishing a possibilities of being excellant. Also there are some flats that bait get caught in and the bass nail them there. Also, if nothing is happening, the light house is around the corner and Weekapaug is down the road...

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

dougie v