Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doug

THEY ARE STILL HERE

4 posts in this topic

Just got back from field 6 Jones Beach.1/2 mile out the bass were feeding on some very large schools of herring ,the gannets were having a field day.To much of a heave to launch though.Would you believe it December 24!!!In about 10 years maybe we will be catching Tarpon up here

I was in East Hampton a few years ago for work, and my counterpart there, a reliable source, told me that someone had surf landed a tarpon (a small one) at Montauk Point during the summer. I'm not sure of the year, whichever year the gulf stream came really close. That would have flipped me out!!!

Gentleman

About 10 yrs or so(maybe less) a guy DID land a tarpon of about 50 lbs. very near the shrewsberry rocks, by boat. I'll never forget it. I was out in my boat at the time and all everyone was sayin on the radio was

"look at the size of that blue fish" smile.gif

Walt

------------------

Swfly99@cs.com

Doug, Joey told me about the gannets, etc. Too bad Jersey was dead yesterday. I ran into MarkM, then we ran into Deviz and Bobp. Bob managed a schoolie. It was yakable (borderline) yesterday at Jersey, but I don't go out alone at this time of year unless its very, very, very, very (you get the point) nice.