Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
westhavendave

Yak Blackfish

4 posts in this topic

Lou and I hit the new haven breakwall on sat. am high tide. We fished the west wall. We picked up blackfish to six pounds using whole japanese shore crabs as bait. We paddle out from south st. beach parking lot in west haven. It's 1 1/2 miles to the nearest wall from there. It takes about 20-30 minutes depending on wind. If you go be very mindful of the wind conditions and anchor on the leeward side of the wall.The ends of the walls produce more fish. The crabs can be found under any pile of rocks at low tide near south st. I think it was my last trip in shorts for the year

Hey Dave nice catch anything else happening down there,I hit the kim bridge a couple of times early am not much happening give me a pm when it breaks loose we still got to hookup one of these days joev

Lou and I picked up 3 more this early am. The southeast breeze that the nws predicted for 10- 15 knots blew up to 25 in no time. Good thing it was at our backs on the way in. It's gusting bad now be careful if you go out. Dave