Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marksharky

Kayak coolers...

11 posts in this topic

Anyone have ideas for a cooler that would fit in the back area of a Cobra. You know kind of long 32" & narrow 14-16" to hold a fish you might want to keep or for storing some grass shrimp, eels or other baits for extended trips. Thanks HappyWave.gif

Don't know about a cooler but when you find one I have heard that if you put frozen containers on the bottom and then a layer of wet newspaper a dozen or so minnows will live all day in there. Eels too, I would think?

------------------

Best time to fish ?? Now !!

That cooler looks just like a kayak!!! Coo with the trailer. Wish I had a four-placer for the yaks. Scott

Yeah Scott you're right and I had a real hard time getting that thing in da boat.

titusg, just wondering what the length is on that, soft or hard & da width thanks- looks good if it holds a 30" fish or so smile.gif

I can put a 150 qt. igloo in my yak but I can do well with an infant's bassinette that is thick plexiglass that was being discarded by my institution. I keep frozen 2 l. bottles in it. and they last all night.

The cooler measure 18X10 @14inches deep. Wish I'd caught something by now to make me re-think the sizefrown.gif It has a plastic insert, I've check it and the plastic leaks over time if you remove the insert and go softsided. Good Lucksmile.gif

Marky, you're other option is a burlap sack. Lay the fish in the TW and keep the wet burlap over it. You could have some water in the TW (an inch or two) and plug the holes and have a few ice packs in there. It should keep fish in excellent condition for hours.