Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bernie

Ocean Kayaks Prowler?

7 posts in this topic

Just wondering why ive never heard anyone talk about these.Looks like a great boat.As long and wide as the WS Tarpon and comes set up pretty well for fishing.Theres not even one review on it at Paddeling net.Anybody ever try one?

I think its brand new.They say its coming out this spring.Pics are of a prototype.

Check the left coast sites.

JoeV

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin

Exactly its brand new so nobody has used them yet. They'll be available in the spring. Only negative I can see is that its very heavy. 66#s without a rudder so its going to be 70 plus with a rudder system. WS has gotten smart and is using high grade poly for the Tarpons now and they're going to get them down to app. 50#s. Thats a big difference.

------------------

baja55@optonline.net

Bernie they've been talking a lot about the Prowler at this link: http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/msgboard.mv

As for what JonS said about the weight of the yak being to heavy. For me it really wouldn't make any difference how much it weighs cause of all the junk I always bring along with me when I go fishing(2or more rods/anchor/drift chute/fish finder/2+boxes of flies/GPS/Paddle and so on. I would still need a kayak cart just to get me to the water.

Flyrodder all the stuff you mentioned is removable....when the hull alone weighs 66# thats allot of weight to load on your truck alone. And if your like me loading on a camper a 66# yak isnt somehting I wanna load up there often.

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

JohnM I can understand your point. But the Prowler has 3 different seated positions either for casting or fighting a big fish. 1 in front 2 the regular seated position and 3 behind that seat you can sit up high for when your fishing a sandy flat. I would have to see and paddle(is it fast,stable,easy to turn,hows it handle rough stuff)the Prowler in order to know if I liked it or not. But if I did like it I wouldn't let the weight of the kayak stop me from getting it.