Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eelball

Last night.

7 posts in this topic

Went last night on a weakie trip in the yak. I started the night at the delores cooper bridge(between Somers point and longport)No weakies, but I did manage to get 1 stripe at about 22". So I pulled outta there and went over to beasley's pt.. No bait, nothing.As i was about to call iit a night(You know I'm going somewhere with this)I decided to paddle past the dark bridge(Unlit)after working the pillars extensively I began to start having visions of a meetball sub with provolone, then BANG and VING I couldn't stop it,I couldn't slow it down, and for a short time I had it hooked. It got back under the bridge and wrapped me around anything and everything. Needless to say, I lost it. I stayed for about anoyher hour or so without a touch, and my meetball visions took over again. I think I'm going back tonight. Ihear that the fluke are in 15-25 ft of water off the beach. I'll be checking today in Brig. Barrell, Are the Bass holding at Mankiller like they did last summer?I had some incredible nights there on top water.(So many Bass I lost count) they were nice sizes too.

Striperfever, I got your E-mail and I'm ready to go whenever. If your interested in going at night(weakies and bass)let me know. I get creeped out at night alonecwm31.gif

I work the night shift...just to let you know. I have off Wednesday and Friday night. Love to fish both them nights, let me know what ya think(e-mail me)???

I will need a couple allnighters by the time Wed rolls around.wink.gif

SF

------------------

Is it Hot in here, or is it just me!!!

I'm off weekends, so fri. are good for me. as far as the fluke are concerned..........any day is a good day.I think I got your E-mail address from the one you sent me,so I'll keep an eye on the weather and get in touch.Wednsday is the 4th so that's not so good this week.(Maybe Early morning fluke session?)But definitly not the night bite.Talk to ya later.

eelball:

do you have light attachments to your yak for safety. I the only required thing in NY is a high candle power spot-light. Any thoughts?

JPL, I do have a head lamp, but rarely bring it. Most of my night fishing is done around bridges, and when I see an incoming boat I tuck myself away under the brdge. I will start to bring the lamp on every trip, just to be sure.