Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christian White

What's up for the weekend?

3 posts in this topic

Got a pass from the wife for the weekend (Father's Day Gift) and am looking for some new fishing waters. Anyone know where I can find some stripers this weekend? Kayak or wading would be appealing, and an opportunity to flyfish would be great. I live in PA, but would be willing to drive a few hours, perhaps as many as 6 hours or so, for a reasonable shot at some action. Anyone in NJ, NY, CT got any plans?

Christian, it sounds like they are catching a lot of decent sized stripers up at the dam. You may want to check that out! I'd like to get up there, but I'm not going to be able to, so good luck if you give it a try!

Mike, have you seen the flow at the dam recently? Without a power boat, you ain't going near that; it looked like Niagra Falls the other night as several gates were open and it was white water from shore to shore. I too heard it is stacked with stripers in the 5 to 8 pound class, but I don't think I'm going after them until the flow is back to normal. Kent Narrows is sounding good right now too. I think I'll end up on the Henlopen Flats in Lewes at least one day this weekend. Trout fishing there is supposed to be good right now.