Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dubs

License information for Yak Fling?

16 posts in this topic

I was wondering if any of you guys would know if there's a place I can purchase my fishing license online or by phone rather than looking for a tackle shop when I get down there? This would save Tim and I a lot of trouble and headaches.wink.gifsmile.gif

Thanks!

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

Hi Dubs,

Not sure where the closest place is, I am sure that Bob might be able to answer that one. However for those of use that have a Virginia Saltwater License, we are good to go. I called the DNR in Maryland and the Va saltwater license is good there too. Hoep this helps.

------------------

Va_Yakfisherman

Damn Jon, yer too quick for me, was just about to post that link! I found out that there is a convience store on the corner of RT 40 and (I think) Broadway, that sells MD fishing Liscense. If you get there before 9:00pm Friday night, you can get one there. They don't open 'til 8:00am on Saturday. I think the name of the store is "Lingles".

Hope this helps

Bob

BOB, just doing my forum thing/duties. Considering it wasn't that long ago that post was a ways back. We're not quite like the Main Forum but there sure is some activity here.

I'm going to get there during the day on Friday so I'm going to pick one up then.

[This message has been edited by JonS (edited 03-20-2002).]

It is amazing how things have grown in the past 6 months alone!!! Definitely turning into a premier bulletin board, with some prime people. Nice not to have to deal with any nasties on this board! Your doing a great job moderating, keep it up bud!!!icon14.gificon14.gifbiggrin.gif

I went to the above link when it was first posted, printed the form filled it out and mailed it on that Friday. My license was in my mailbox by the very next tuesday.

Very quick. I sent it to the office in salisbury I think.

Thanks guys for the information.icon14.gif

Picking one up when I get down that way is out of the question, I work the night shift until 11:00PM. I'll head to Tim's after work and get the gear together and get on the road so having the license before hand will be a HUGE plus.smile.gif

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

I didn't realize you couldn't get one over the interent or fax and that it was mail - in or walk - in only, so i guess i gotta get one when i am down there!! cwm23.gif oh well

Herb's tackle shop opens at 5:30 AM. Exit #100 (Northeast) off I95. After the first traffic light in towm 3 blooks down on your left. Extremely fishing friendly people. They can have a MD licence in your hand in under 2 min. Stocked with anything you may have forgotten to bring. Including Storm Wide eyes. Mrs. Herb used to post on this board.

I've only been there a couple of times, but I'm pretty sure Herb's is on the right side of the road. confused.gif It's a very small town, just ask somebody, they'll know.

Chris

Hmmmm, this could present a problem for me, I was scheduling a departure for Sunday morning at 3 am to get the early dawn session for a few hours. Now whats a guy supposed to do in a situation like this?

Herb's is on the right, once thru the stop light in the middle of town, it is only about 4/10ths of a mile down. There is a small church right next to Herbs and a barber shop.

Bob