Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonS

Finally got out

7 posts in this topic

Yesterday I met up with JC and we hit the ocean in northern Monmouth county. Very flat sea. Fish were breaking and birds working fast moving pods of bass a few to several hundred yards out. Managed a decent bass almost immediately and then nada. JC got 5 fishing deep. John joined us early in the afternoon and hooked into a big one while trolling but lost it. There were 2 other kayak fisherman out also who we met, Brian and Mark. JC left first and went home (he's local). John and I were down until after rush hour since we both migrate to the fishing from the north and I don't get on the parkway before 6:30 plus. I was starving and went in to eat and John met me and we headed to the Inside without the yaks and found bass where I had received a tip about them. I lost a nice one and we each picked up a few fish. It was nice to get out and get a bass in the yak. Let the fall bass via yak season begin.

Glad to hear that you got them Jon. smile.gif I've been looking at that flat ocean wishing I was out there in my yak. The other morning the birds were out about a mile, there was tons of them, if I had the yak they could have been mine. biggrin.gif

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

Will Do Jon!!! biggrin.gif Although these birds were way out there, looked to be at the edge of the saw mill. eek.gif I'm waiting for a chance to go out in the yak and have some fun with the critters. biggrin.gif

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com