Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrDeitz

Yaks &campers?

4 posts in this topic

I finally bought a kayak, but I haven't found any decient way to mount the thing on my slide in camper. the campers allready 10' and its got an aluminum skin., Has anybody come up with a solution?? would appreaciate any sugestions....... Gary

So you wish to put in on the top of the camper? If you do you're going to need to attach something. It can be a rack or tie dwon points and then get those kayak pads available at any kayak shop. You've got a bunch of options.

MrDeitz , Hi...Once you mount your yak on the camper,please be sure to measure from the top of the yak to grade level.Write down the dimension and put it in your glove box,you want to ease your mind when you have to clear back country bridges,motel over hangs,airport under ground parking lots,etc,etc..

Not exactly what the doctor ordered,but I suggest a trailer.You can get one of the small light trailers at the local import hardware shop and attach your own rails on the trailer.With a pair of yakima brand saddles you are ready to go,and MUCH easier to load and unload.A local kayak shop here in town puts one together for $500 and change.It is my next kayak purchase.The trailers are so light almost any vehicle can pull the thing.A box can be added for PFD's,wetsuits,and other kayak gear.Scott