Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hagar

Nav VS Fish nDive

9 posts in this topic

This is the way Im leaning .Any Suggestions?Use will be fly,and plug.Also to transport me to shorelines not readily accessible by foot or by pretty much anything larger .

No doubt that the Nav is easier to move around. The FnD is a more solid platform to fish from and has incredible storage. It also the most used kayak in Montauk. AThere are a lot of variables to consider and the first is you. If you provide us with more info we can better help you. What's your height, weight, condition and transport vehicle?

------------------

baja55@optonline.net

Hagar,

A friend of mine just got a Navigator and I got a chance to paddle it at the Thumb, last week. As you know, I've fished from a FnD for a more than 2 years now. Here are my thoughts. The Navigator is a little easier to transport, and a little easier to paddle, but once you're where you want to be and start fishing, the FnD is a much better fishing platform. I think the advantages of stability, set up and storage of the FnD far outweigh the Navigators merits. The speed difference was negligable, neither are long range kayaks and both are acceptable if you don't plan to paddle for miles in a trip. As for it's dead weight on the shore, unless you're some kinda Nancy, you can deal with moving it around. Next time we're gonna be there with both yaks, I'll let you know.

I made my mind up and am going with the FnD,which I tried last week.I like the stability for a guy my size.Oz you know the areas and were a great help.Jons I sent u an email.

The FnD fleet grows! I talked to Jon about models in the early spring and my use of the kayak, we came to the decision on the FnD was for me. It is not the fastest horse in the barn but it is a work horse. I fly rod and use the yak as described above with offshore fishing included. I bring up the rear but I get there just the same and sometimes find things along the way. Congrats on the new yak and welcome.

Thanks ,something tells me this is alot differant than my sportfisherman,float tube etc.If ya see a guy with 3 PFDs ,an epirb ,an a helicopter overhead,thats me