Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Photojohn

Corson's Inlet

7 posts in this topic

Anyone bin fishing Corson's Inlet(South end of Ocean City).I'll be down there with my yak this Sunday, Monday, and maybe Tuesday. If anyone wants to hook, up let me know.

Hey John,

I've fished Corson's a time or two in my yak. There is a lot of good water around OC. I like Corson's accept the fish always seem to have their way with me there. It is the only place I have been skunked and I went at night (almost two weeks ago)

You are probably aware that Corson's nice boat ramp is a favorite of Jetskiers all over the tri-state area so it's best to get your fishin in before they show up, or after they leave. (just my opinion)

Those days may or may not work for me but I will keep them in mind. I also took mental note of your post about fishin partners up in Barnegat bay area. LBI is one of my fav. surf fishing spots but I have not ventured up that way with my yak yet. I am in training for some hardcore yakin' come fall and company is welcome.

I paddle a cobra navigator and we also have an explorer.

DougC

DougC, Thanks for getting back to me. I think I'll hit Corson's pre dawn and fish till the traffic gets bad. Lets hook up in Barnegat some time. I fished Tices shoal saturday and did well with the weakfish.They were nice size too: around 20"

If this weekend works down at Corson's let me know.

John

Been fishing corson's for the last 3 weeks.Most of the time in flat creek,I put in before the stathmere bridge and paddle down by the stathmere pubic ramp.I start fishing in that area on incoming tide, or up by the sod banks on outgoing tide. Been getting nice fluke in the 18 to 26 in. range,not many 2 or 3 a trip plus a few undersize ones.Would like to hook up this sunday, but don't known how I'll be working until the friday.I just started yak fishing and would like to hook up with others to learn more.I'm having a hard time getting them in the yak with a lip gripper.I paddle a white fish & dive.

Sounds good fellas. We should get together sometime. There are so many of us down here it seems. I have not ran into any fellow kayak fishers yet though.

I also picked up some flatties in the inlet. I found mine hanging tight in the seams of current on an outgoing tide.

The night I fished without any catching I rode the tide in and under the RCB and back into the ICW and then back again when the tide turned. nada. I couldn't see the ripples I caught the flatties in on my previous trip until I was back on the bank.

I wasn't lost..I was close, just not quite close enough. Night takes getting used to I suppose, difficult to pin point spots, etc. Guess I'll just have to spend more $$$ rolleyes.gif

------------------

DougC

SOL #134

DougC,Will hook up soon.This fall we should try and get a bunch of yaks together. As far as spending $$ I have a Garmin 176 portable chartplotter that works great. You can buy different charts for anywhere you would want to fish. I have the one's for NJ and Cape Cod.