Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beagle

Bottomline Tournament 1200 review

4 posts in this topic

Just got in from 1st launch w/ the 1200.

How did I ever manage to fish for so long without a FF on my yak?

Went to a local lake that I fished all last summer after moving to NC. I have caught some stipers/hybreds in there before. Wind was brisk,started trolling towards some gulls. Marked fish below and off to the side. Swivel mount works great through my scupper. Couldn't get any body to take what I kept offering, switched up lures for about an hour. Decided to move up wind of the bait and fish and drift through the area. Had a soft bait at 20' and decided to throw a surface bait at fish marked to the side. Was able to pick up fish following pop r back to the boat w/ the side finder. Water was brown from rain. Put on a 36" dropper with a white curly tail grub and caught fish. Magic!

Bottomline,(no pun intended) if I did not know fish were following in my topwater I might not have caught a thing. Moved off to some bridges(yes, I know "Don't leave fish to find fish") but I needed to check out how easily I could "scan" the bases. No big fish there but the crappie were stacked up. A fella and his son pulled up and caught a few.

The 'ducer did not create what I thought might be undo drag. It was hard to tell, it was really blowin pretty good. I'm sold. Can't wait to get to the coast.

Sounds great...I've got my 1200 and am trying to figure out a swivel mount. I don't have scuppers, tho. Do you have a picture? I read your post on the description...but a pictures worth a thousand... TIA

[This message has been edited by rockfisherman (edited 04-01-2002).]

Rockfisherman, I will see if I can get my guy at work to take some pics. The same type of set-up will work for deckboat. It hinges on finding the right bulkhead fitting. I will be researching this at work this week. When I find the right fitting I will let all know. What you are looking for is a type of compression fitting for a chiller/heat exchanger. Watertight, yet allow a tube to pass through. You will need a plug to fill the hole when the 'ducer set-up is not in place. They make 'em, tightens from one side and compresses to seal off.