Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mouse

MD fishing reg's for susq.

25 posts in this topic

If my memory serves me right... I believe we are not supposed to be targeting Stripers this time of the year. However, that does not mean we can't target white perch... wink.gif

"Crazy" Alberto

C&R on the flats and to my knowledge you are not allowed to live line. You can target stripers in the flats and even the main bay for c&r but most of the tribs are off limits. I'll see if I can find a map. I think it is up on the DelMarva board already.

It is definatly catch and release season. You are legally allowed to target stripers, but they must be released. The special catch and release season was approved for the Susky flats for the time period of 3/15/02 until 5/3/02. The flats are a staging area where the stripers come to feed before heading a little further up the rivers to spawn. Please be kind and put the fish back in good shape, they have a job to go do!!!

MikeC

C&R on the flats and to my knowledge you are not allowed to live line. You can target stripers in the flats and even the main bay for c&r but most of the tribs are off limits. I'll see if I can find a map. I think it is up on the DelMarva board already.

Correction on the Chessie board. topic is started by thill.

Wow! That's cool:

Whole tenderloin (Marinated)

Some fresh asparagus (preferably picked that day)

Red Bliss potatoes (washed, cut into 1" pieces and drenched in butter, garlic, parsley and some black pepper)

And a fresh spring mix with basalmic vinegrette, mandarine oranges and pine nuts.

Ok, that should take care of dinner on Friday night. Now for Sat..... biggrin.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I guess I should be more specific next time......

Seriously, if there are things that I can bring for you guys just tell me.....petite filet and red bliss potatoes excluded

I'll repeat, just for the exercise, it is DEFINITELY C&R season for stripers on the flats. I'm not sure about the no livelining rule, I have to check on that one, but the regulations are written around targeting stripers. One small error that I just learned about today, the season only extends to April 19th not May 3 as I and others have previously stated. Not sure where the change came from but that's what is on the DNR site as of today.

Chris