Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeB

So, what are your weekend yakking plans?

27 posts in this topic

OK, so I borrowed this idea from Stuu as it is usually posted on the main board. I thought it would be good to incorporate it here and have it be specific to weekend warrior kayak fishing. biggrin.gif I'd like to adopt this as a weekly thread to make it easier for guys to meet up and paddle together. Safety in numbers, right?

So...let's have at it. Feel free to post as little or as much as you'd like in terms of where you're planning on being. (mrsinbad's thread gets additional credit as the genesis for this idea in this forum. icon14.gif )

Hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend. smile.gif

------------------

Joe

GO NAVY

g0404980.gif

JoeB I did it every weekend last year .Time for a changing of the guard.biggrin.gif I nominate you to post every Thursday.

I plan on hitting the Housie in CT for Friday night fishing.

Sunday am is still up in the air .If my rod is ready I will be at the Thames River .If not I might have to run down and see my buddy Kayakjoe in NY.

JoeV

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin

[This message has been edited by joev (edited 05-02-2002).]

joev-

Ooops...didn't mean to steal your thunder. wink.gif I wasn't aware this was the norm last year. But I'd gladly accept your passing of the baton. biggrin.gif

pmjasper....what's the plan for Sat? I'm up for fly fishing the Bay. My other option was IBSP for fishing the flats behind the Park. I just finished the dolly and added a rod holder so I'm anxious for a shakedown trip.

Since I've gotten 19 Bass in my last 4 yak trips, I guess I'll be trying for a few more. I also plan on banging a few Large fluke, for practice of course.biggrin.gif

Jim... word has it the choppers are still thick in the bay along with some nice bass while trolling.

saltyh2ofly...I'm just tring to solidify the plans for Saturday but i will be out on the bay fishing for whatever comes my way. Trolling seems to be the ticket but i really want to get some fish on the flyrod. I was on the flats of IBSP last week with the yak and came up with one striper. I think the cooler weather and the rain affected the fishing. As soon as I know what's up I'll pass on the word.