Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonS

Demo FishnDive Maiden Voyage

6 posts in this topic

I really enjoyed my first excursion with the FnD I set up for a Demo. I found the speed similar to an Explorer which won't set a speed record but gets the job done. The stability is incredible. I can't imagine falling off one. It was great to move around on. I used the front area to store whole bunker and I'd shimmy up to get them. I found rigging a dead one through the mouth, out the gills and putting a large hook on a long wire leader in the rear 3rd of the bunker to work very well. I really liked all the storage and it will be nice when I rig up some accessories, especially paddle clips.

barrell - well said.

The FnD is 15" longer (same as the Navigator) and 4" wider. The bottom is shaped completely differently. Its 16#s heavier. My nickname for FnD's is aircraft carriers. Its a great yak for big people or rough waters. The Explorer will fish more different areas especially small stuff.

Doug - I described the action on the Big Blues post. I just got finnished washing off the bunker blood and doing a bit of rigging. It sure was fun.

About the fingers, its the first time I wanted a pair of those really long needle nose that they sell in the Offshore Angler catalogue. I had one blue hooked in the roof of its mouth and I had to be very carefull reaching in with the pliers because its mouth was so long. I'd like to have such problems a lot.