Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigLuke

Wetsuits...where to buy them?

11 posts in this topic

BigLuke,

If you want to look close to home, I bought some at Outdoor Sports Ctr in Wilton. Not a super deal but didn't feel ripped off either. It's a great place to visit just to drool.

Jim

All wetsuits are not created equal, do yourself a favor and dont rush into a purchase. cheap is no bargain. quality suits are lighter,stretchier,warmer and in the long run worth every penny.

Barrell

All wetsuits are not created equal, do yourself a favor and dont rush into a purchase.

Barrell

Spot-on words to the wise Barrel. There is a company in Oregon that make "Sports Specific" wetsuits. This is "ProMotion", and they make the best kayak suits in my opinion. They manufacture a Paddler's John. This Farmer John style wetsuit is made to be "neutral stretch" and relaxed when in the SEATED position.This is a big deal! This does away with the "stretched rubber band" feeling that most surfing suits have when you are seated on a kayak. I bought one two seasons ago and it is heavy duty. My wife wears one as well and loves it too.

ProMotion uses the appropriate materials for the upper torso which do not chill you do to evaporation and effects of wind; ands the rump area of this suit is stretchy. The knees are reinforced with tuff pads for kneeling and the sizing choices allow anyone to wear one of these paddle johns. You can peel it down to your waist if it is hot, or layer-up when it is not.

They also offer shorties like this and a line of Exo tops which I can recommend. Nothing like having the correct clothing to make the sport more enjoyable.

http://www.wetsuit.com/

http://www.wetsuit.com/web/paddling/...s_paddling.htm

Now what was that question about a good cheap wetsuit? Promotion has a bargain sale page of last years "colors", so condsider those suits...

Sharp1