Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terry Mac

Rigging ring ideas....

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I am looking for some Ideas for 1" rings for rigging my kayak lines.

I have used anodized metal and the salt ate them up. Where can I find stainless?

I checked all sorts of shops, but still a no go. I looked at curtain rings ect...and just found cheap metals.

I would even settle for plastic if I could find some. Any sources would be appreciated.

Thanks, Terry Mac

Hey Terry, how goes it? I use a plastic triangular ring, got em at West Marine. I think they have stainless also. Everything is located with the sail boat rigging stuff.

You ready to fish or what?

Bob

Thanks Bob,

I will contact them.

I am getting ready as we speak with all sorts of fishing prep. odds and ends. I traded in my sled for a new one in blue. What did you get after that accident?

I will be looking for you.

Terry Mac

I picked up a 1995 Chevy 3/4 ton turbo diesel. It's green and silver with a white cap on top. You will see it on LBI this year for sure. Looking into a new yak for this year, definitely an SOT, this time. I'll give you a shout.

Bob

Terry,

Long time, eh? West marine is a great bet - like MM said, look with the sailing gear. If you want to try online head over to www.apsltd.com

I had stainless rings on for a while (probably still have them somewhere around... will look later) but switched to the small polycarbonate triangles 'cause they make less noise and they weigh less. In a real OH CRAP! scenario they will be your "fuse" as well.

Chris