Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfacetension

Maiden voyage with my new Cobra

2 posts in this topic

Fished Union beach Saterday , when I got there the wind was at 18 knots so I went to the pier to fish . Wind died around 1:00 dead low tide but I had to get out , it was warm 55 with a little SW wind went out to the pileings and set up with the drift sock it works like a charm used the pulley system to put it put back NICE slow drift with the wind at my back , It can't be any better. Left my anchor in the truck but I need to figure out where to put it , also you need to put about 1 foot of rope on the wind sock beacuse it got hung up on the back a few times . One fish on and off but I learned allot Fished on a charter today 8 fish big one was 38" 22lbs 0ne 33" Two 28"" and some slots I think it's winding down up North next big blow or the next Moon and it will be over up here, If anyone wants to go this week let me know

surfacetension - glad that you got out. Try putting the drift sock on a bungee instead of rope. It will give a little shock absorption. There's still fish way up in the rivers so I think that we've got a lot of season left.