Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joev

Ct Yak Fishing with JohnM

11 posts in this topic

Hit the Thames River early this am with DougieV and JohnM from Penn.Had to break in Johns new Tarpon (The Great Pumpkin).Lots of fish everywhere.Had a tuff time getting them to eat.Caught about 10-15 fish each a few on poppers and swimmers .Most went for the tube .Caught a few blues all small.It was nice till the wind picked up .Great day on the water with good friends.John is 6 4 255 fish was about 32 inches.

JohnM in the Pumpkin

johnmyakbasscrop.jpg

DougieV

dougvyakbasscrop.jpg

JoeV

joethames36.jpg

[This message has been edited by joev (edited 10-20-2002).]

[This message has been edited by joev (edited 10-20-2002).]

John-

nice to meet you! You looked really good in that brand new luxary model pumpkin fishing platform!! Hope you enjoyed yourself.... that was actually a relatively slow day for us, but at least we did pick up some fish. If you can, please let us know the details on the fish finder- I believe that will be my next addition to the fishing arsenal.

If you need any more tube rigs, let me know. I hate to say it, but since Joe got us going, it is now my first choice lure and as you have seen the most successful- even the eels didn't do much!! other than attract the darn blues...

Happy yakking!!

Hey JohnM, what...were they outta all the good colors? tongue.gifwink.gifHappyWave.gif

Be careful, as the water cools, the stripers love that color orange belly on plugs...if you feel thumping on the bottom of the yak in the dark, slow troll a black/gold/orange bomer - you'll mop up wink.gif

TimS

Joe thanks was a great time. We screwed up of course but it was still fun. Looking forward to doing it again.

Jon, I hope to hit that spot this week. I am cusk as a dog today. I got my Wife's cold. frown.gif

Dougie was good to meet you too. We didnt mohawk em but at least we got em smile.gif The FF is the vexilar. I was pleased with it, when oyu got that 39 incher, I marked them as wetn over em then both you and joe hooked up.......I did a first class mount job, some vasilne on the hull, I put the transducer in the vaseiline then taped it all in place. I will do a more permanant set up. It took me abotu 20 minutes to set it all up in Joe's driveway.

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

John No problem it was great to fish with ya again.Next time no leaving fish to find fish.River was still ok to paddle .We should have stayed.Next time I will try to think more clearly.

Hope to see ya next weekend on Sunday.

JoeV

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin

Tim, funny you mention orange being a good color......me and JoeV were talking abtou that. Joe yeah no more leaving fish to finde fish especially casue the ones we wanted were there....

Jon da fish finder is da deal. Once I notcied the decimal point in the depth reading......lol Thogut it was odd being 30 feet off the bank and in 71 feet of water lol.

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com