Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mcflye

Anyone ever try this

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

cool..looks like it would work. I ran out of bucktails on a boat last year and unlaid some nylon line and tied it up and it worked about the same. I also tied a streamer of red cloth as a kinda pork rind. good luck

It works well, try that color sceme with a red headed jig. Someone gave me a whole box full of those spinnerbait skirts a few years back and i have been giving them away to the youngsters but i keep a few on hand to try out.

Good job, let us know how it works out for ya.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrant Head View Post

I've used it for years on fluke jigs, absolutely outstanding, holds up well to their teeth by the way.

funny thing----the NYC Striper population didn't know they were only for Fluke

That skirt looks great...looks like a skirt you might find on a Large Mouth Bass spinner When you jig, the action from that skirt looks like pectoral fins doing their thing to stop the fish OR like the tentacles of a squid...Gives a more realistic presentation to the fish.

I've had blues and very close encounters with Albies with a freshwater buzz bait with a Hogy and skirt on the hook so this should work just fine. I'd guess just about anything that works for largemouth will work in the salt it might just corrode fast and not hold up to more powerful fish.

Yea I figured pretty much what works for fresh water fish would also work in the salt I'm going to mold some round jig heads like these with stronger hooks.thanks for all the replies hopefully ill have some luck with them like you guys have had