Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Limekiln

ZZIPLEX LIGHT +POWERTEX BASS

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, does anyone have experience of PAC MINIMA guides-how do they measure up with either of the above rods?Living in UK,I currently own just DAIWA SUPERCAST BASS in this sphere,a very versatile rod that can plug for salmon in the day yet cast 4ozs and bait for Cod and Bass in the evening! I do yearn for a ZZIPLEX,as much as anything I admire Terry Carrolls refusal to "sell out" and mass produce his products.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve with the minimas. I know tournament casters on both side of the pond use them for weight reduction, but don't know any one fishing with them. I have Fuji alconites (Blnag + Bmnag) on both my light bass and powertex bass. A set of guides for my rods run about $40 not sure if they are that cheap in UK, but pac bay would be about 1/2 that which considering the full investment price in the finished rod is not worth the dollar savings to me to go cheaper. If weight is the main consideration then perhaps the lighter rod would benefit but don't think powertex would be feel much different.

Multiplier,thanks for the info.I do have a set of new BNHG guides to match the blanks but they are considered "heavy and old" in the UK,albeit strong enough!Love this site, the debate over rods alone is of the highest standard!