Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JCX

Montauk this weekend

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

anyone going to the mecca? I'm thinking of maybe going but won't be there till before midnight friday or saturday. Ditch and LIStripper you up for scouting east smile.gif

Hey JC,

Good luck on that Montauk thought, don't forget it's Memorial Day weekend. that means you are gonna' have to fight off all the beamers and Mercedes sportsters on the way East through the Hamptons. I remember when the mecca was a nice sleepy little fishing town a little over 40 years ago. Damn those @#$^&*@ yuppies!!!!!!!!!!

Joe--in addition to the Beemer parade, we've had 5 straight days of east and NE winds. I'm sure the water out there is all crapped up, the spot in GSB where I was fishing had mung and eel grass aplenty on Monday, and that was only the second day of that wind.

I have to work Saturday. I'll probably head out somewhere on Sat evening (as the wife is doing 4x12 on Sunday and Monday), but the chances of me heading out there are slim.

Water wasn't bad at Democrat Point an hour ago. There was no discernable fish activity, save for (probable) bluefish in the ripline that developes as the falling tide picks up steam. The bird activity was very concentrated, but well out of reach. I was surprised by the number of beach vehicles. Still, there were guys soaking bait inside and out, and nary a scale for their efforts. I spent a pleasant three hours plugging and flycasting at various spots inside, nuthin' doin'.

DJ, remember a couple of nights ago I told you it was blowing over 50? Well that was between gusts. Us potatoe farmers out here got our butt kicked real good. Looks like we had a good squall out here, been through hurricanes with less damage. I've got limbs and branches down all over the yard, had to drag limbs off the driveway the next morning to go to work all the time the Weather Channel said it was blowing 25 east? Maybe I'll catch up with you over the weekend someplace. Prospector

Montauk is very messy, 6-8 foot seas, fog and gusty winds,

be very careful and bring someone with you.

the boats haven't been able to get out for the last 2 days. One hardcore guy I know tried to make a run only to be return a half hour later.

Ill be out there saturday and sunday nights... Ill be in the usual haunt for the last two hours of incoming and on the usual haunts for the outgoing (bluffs, north/falsze bars)... As long as its fishable (weeds, etc) it should be ok...

ANyone hear of any weakies out by Montauk???

BC