Marc H

Lets see some Cyclones

509 posts in this topic

The nice thing about these larger lures "giants" is if you look at the angle of the lip its at 90 degrees, compared to the smaller z lips that are generally surface swimmers only. This lure, if reeled in at a slow speed, will swim on the surface in a unbelievable zig zag pattern. But, if you troll them at a higher rate of speed, it will swim down to 10 feet or so to cover different areas of the water column without rolling.

1000 Thanks everyone for for your support over the years. I rely appreciate all your great stories you've told me,that's what keeps me making lures. Hope you enjoyed the pics .THANKS Paul

Here are some of mine. The one with the tape on hooks was painted by his son Austin (think I bought it here). Colors are sick in some of these (4th on left, 2nd on right)

Paul's sense of color is unparalleled. Although I have always admired his craftsmanship I never got into collecting . Not that I wouldn't love to but kids are young,money is tight ......... A couple of years ago Paul gave me this little spoonlip bunka pattern with the stipulation that I fish it and not put it on the shelf for display. I was surprised to see that with all the attention paid to the paint jobs few seem to realize hoe amazing they swim. Admittedly I do keep in on display between outings and always do a thorough search for blue fish before I even think about taken it out to swim.