gfp55

Let's see your motorcycle

Rate this topic

1,987 posts in this topic

Now that I finished the chopper I've moved on to other things...namely, a squirrel launcher. Still tweaking in my spare time, but when I'm done, I'll post a video.

squirrel2.jpeg

5 hours ago, bospa357 said:

Long time,no see Zim. Is that Shovelhead the green one you bought off a member here on SOL repainted? Same Panhead Red Barron?

Naa, different Shovel, different Pan.

5 hours ago, gfp55 said:

Now that I finished the chopper I've moved on to other things...namely, a squirrel launcher. Still tweaking in my spare time, but when I'm done, I'll post a video.

squirrel2.jpeg

Love it.... might be hard to trip whatever you design for a trigger under load though.

Ya, I'm working on that part. It's a bit hairy right now - I welded a stop on the shaft and fitted an aluminum release on it. It's kind of a hair trigger setup right now. I've got some small pulleys I'm gonna mount for a cable release, so I can sit in my kitchen and launch squirrels in comfort.

6 hours ago, JaseB said:

20181103_161329.jpg

Me and my brother shared a Honda 70 quad back when we were young. Always wanted a dirt bike when i was a kid though. Got worse after watching Terminator 2, but my old man wouldn't let me get a CR-80 because they had a little more balls back then. Eventually had to settle for a 1985 XR80 but still had some fun on it. Still sitting in his garage, should go see if it runs. He held onto it to teach my little sisters how to ride when they were like 6 and 8.  Fairly sure it was used in a couple of NEOC races by my youngest sister. 

Pretty much identical to this one:

Image result for 1985 honda xr80

1 hour ago, gfp55 said:

Ya, I'm working on that part. It's a bit hairy right now - I welded a stop on the shaft and fitted an aluminum release on it. It's kind of a hair trigger setup right now. I've got some small pulleys I'm gonna mount for a cable release, so I can sit in my kitchen and launch squirrels in comfort.

Awesome stuff.... as a fabricator and machinist I love stuff like this

21 mins ago, gfp55 said:

Thanks! It's a good way to get me through the winter, I guess. Even though I weld like Helen Keller......

If your using a mig.... more amps.... less  wire, if it’s a stick.... your using too big of a rod ... by the time you ramp the power up to make a good weld your burning through your material .... so you have to crank it down and end up with a cold lumpy weld.... am I right?