Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Klein

DelMarVa Fishin' Reports; January 2013

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Winter will soon be seriously settling in, and the local fishing winding down to a pretty slow pick, though there certainly should be some action available for those who can manage to get out there and give it a shot. Time to clean up the gear, service the reels, tie some rigs and look forward to spring. Thanks once again to all for your invaluable participation here. You guys and your fine contributions are what make it all go. Hope you and yours enjoy a truly excellent, healthy, happy, and fish filled new year.

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? ;)

If you're on a phone scroll down all the way to the bottom. You should see a choice mobile/desktop. Choose mobile and see what happens. Welcome to the site. These guys are great.

Got to fish a couple of days this week in Fenwick. Wednesday, caught two shorts in close on my small rod. Good start for pullage for 2013....one of them was a fat 27.5 inches; beautiful healthy looking fish but still swimming. Didn't feel like cleaning my cooler anyway. Not! Friday, just skates. Did see some birds working, but that was about it. Ocean was flat like a lake. Hung the rods up till Spring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rookie surf View Post

Toghog was that at AI? Awesome to see them still in the water. Can't wait to see them grow up if they stick around.

No Actually right on the beach in Delaware. Which is amazing that they are that far north in January. I tried for them at the same spot today but no luck. Hopefully they stick around. I'd rather catch them then anything else we have around here. I thought I had a bigger striper on.