Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joev

Glen Island Report

3 posts in this topic

Fisrt off I would like to thank Kayakjoe and Jons for their hospitality at this wekend fling they shared their info with all who attended.Now the fishing was pretty good we ran into a big school of big bunker but there was not to many fish chasing them I managed 1 blue about 8 pds and Jons got 1 around 10 pds I also lost 4 others 3 snap offs tackle was a little to light for these big choppers also got 5 small bass biggest about 18 inches and 1 porgy almost a slam.It was a good time and was great to share that time with a great group of people thanks again guys .WISHIN I WAS YAK FISHIN Joev

Bassblitz - I just missed you. I was up early and couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to check out the bunker. I started fishing around 6:15 AM. I fished live bunkers for a while but nada. Those big bunker put up quite a fight though. I did have 1 bluefish of around 7-8 pounds swim up to the yak and check out my bunker but that was it. I decided to troll down to the other end of Glen Island to the other inlet as I didn't want to paddle to Davids in the wind as I had an Explorer with me. I managed 1 bass of app. 25" at the other inlet and had a few solid hits buy no fish. I came in around 8:30 and left at 8:52.

Saturday it was great to meet everyone, unfortunately the fish didn't cooperate. I got to meet Flounder, joev, rudy and John. Besides them and myself kayakjoe, Steve and Tom were in attendance. We spoke about how we need to get 2-way radios so we can all communicate on the water. We had scattered into a few groups.