Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cliffblair

Buying a Tarpon is tough!

11 posts in this topic

From all the information, suggestions and reports you guys have given me th Tarpon would fit what I am looking for nicely. All reports are great on this site and others. One problem...there does not seem to be one in all of New England to even look at, owners or dealers.

Should I commit the sin of buying one without ever seeing one let alone trying it out?

I even checked with Wilderness to see if they had any on their computer for New England...nope.

All dealers I contacted would be happy to take my order, but not show me one. Should I buy sight unseen, untested ???Cliff Blair

Cliff,

If you have to come to CT just to try one there's a dealer in Wilton with 2 on the floor, one with a rudder, one without, and they let you try them Saturday mornings in the pond across th e street.

Cliff, I saw one at the Kittery trading post last week. They are having a paddle sports show on april 5-7. All the manafacturers of the brands they sell are supposed to be there. It may be worth checking it out.

Cliff Let me know if you want to check it out.I would be glad to let ya try it out.

Also a dealer near me has 1 or 2 left dont know what colors though.

Joev

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin

Thanks guys...JIM, What part of Conn is Wilton? Do you know the dealers name or better still email adress?

JD Kittery sounds good, only an hour from me.

Joev thanks for the offer I may take you up on it. Do you know the dealers name, town, maybe email adress?

Mostly I would like to see one, all the reports are excellent and I am just a beginner so the reports are lot more important than my opinion. Cliff

Cliff ditto what JimW said buy near home.Helps build a rep. with your local dealer.Most will give you a discount on accessories purchased once you buy a yak

Offer to try mine still stands.

JoeV

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin