Sparky

Things I make - or lookee me

Rate this topic

2,660 posts in this topic

27 mins ago, Scallywag said:

Pretty unrecognizable. At what point would it have made more sense to start from scratch? 

23 mins ago, Mauru said:

...you have no idea just how many times i asked myself that very same question, SW.

22 mins ago, Scallywag said:

Either way. It came out very nice. 

19 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

A mobile bar..... a man after my own heart.... nicely done 

21 mins ago, Mauru said:

...you have no idea just how many times i asked myself that very same question, SW.

Beautiful....I hate you talented people.  :laugh:

20 mins ago, chessie_yaker said:

Na, this one’s on a closed circuit NVS I designed for a private research facility. No way for data to travel in or out of the facility. If it catches anything they need, BCPD or other alphabet soup bowl has to come with a thumb drive and ask for it. 

There’s some really cool stuff out there. That sign is about 3 miles across the Baltimore harbor, give or take. The customer wanted to be able to see people in their cars in their lot and the license plates, I said I’d get something that would show them the expiration date on the stickers. 

I was just busting balls. It's today's reality anyway. 

But yeah the tech is impressive. Nice work. 

7 mins ago, riverrunner said:

Beautiful....I hate you talented people.  :laugh:

You say that but most of the stuff is not hard, if you put the time in. 

Granted, there are lots of talented people here that have far better skills in what they do than I. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ya......I think I'll just go out and blow me up a really nice glass sword for my son or work with wood and make it spectacular, or take metal and make it art weather work related or not,  to name a few. "A mans got to know his limitations" in my best Clint Eastwood voice. I really appreciate the stuff here.

Edited by riverrunner

3 mins ago, riverrunner said:

Ya......I think I'll just go out and blow me up a really nice glass sword for my son or work with wood and make it spectacular, or take metal and make it art weather work related or not,  to name a few. "A mans got to know his limitations" in my best Clint Eastwood voice. I really appreciate the stuff here.

Some people are good at making things.... and some people are just good at being good people....the pics you put up of you being you.... screams good people, keep doing what your doing brother .... the people in your life are better for it, things made of metal rust... things made of wood rot.... memories never fade, keep making those memories.

24 mins ago, riverrunner said:

Fair enough. Good words from bigfish ^

I think the term "talent" is a misnomer.....

.....now if we're talking "stubborn" and "obsessive", well......

....either way--everyone has it in them--I'm a firm believer in that.

(and that's what forums are for---help, advice, direction...........hell, ask me (Florida) how many times I begged for tips on "so...you guys actually FISH with eels?!...")

2 hours ago, bigfish4me said:

A mobile bar..... a man after my own heart.... nicely done 

Im pretty certain the sheer cost of booze (just to make it legit) costed me more than the actual project.

go figure.

3 hours ago, BLilly said:

I wish I was because then I would have had help cleaning up all of that mess and finding the random tacks that I dropped when pulling everything apart.

Or you could just leave!

3 hours ago, Mauru said:

Here's a crummy old abandoned 1920's/30's standing steamer trunk i pulled outta the community garbage bin...after a bit of love, actually turned out to be a pretty nice tequila/rum cabinet...

trunktest5.jpg

trunktest.jpg

trunktest2.jpg

trunktest3.jpg

Holy crap.  Nice.  I picked one up just like it a couple of months ago at are freecycle place.  If my wife sees that I'll miss two month's of weekends. 

3 hours ago, chessie_yaker said:

35B1D3AF-0010-48F2-AB00-3B5BDFD8390A.jpeg.7765f79c531d3977ea2664ec23aad687.jpegA65F3322-A6FD-47FD-8C06-0502E85EFA30.jpeg.97e0c1cdb2f13189f6ddaef22cfd2249.jpeg7E5338CC-9D8E-4C55-A277-24ED274482AC.jpeg.19917af525b41742bf0561f63c81e382.jpegThis was pretty cool because this one came full circle for me. Upgraded this about 8 years ago to an awesome-at-the-time camera. This go round I designed the upgrade package, got to pick its replacement, put it in and fire it up. 

So you work for Soros?

1 hour ago, bigfish4me said:

Some people are good at making things.... and some people are just good at being good people....the pics you put up of you being you.... screams good people, keep doing what your doing brother .... the people in your life are better for it, things made of metal rust... things made of wood rot.... memories never fade, keep making those memories.

Your best post here and I totally agree.

35B1D3AF-0010-48F2-AB00-3B5BDFD8390A.jpeg.7765f79c531d3977ea2664ec23aad687.jpegA65F3322-A6FD-47FD-8C06-0502E85EFA30.jpeg.97e0c1cdb2f13189f6ddaef22cfd2249.jpeg7E5338CC-9D8E-4C55-A277-24ED274482AC.jpeg.19917af525b41742bf0561f63c81e382.jpegThis was pretty cool because this one came full circle for me. Upgraded this about 8 years ago to an awesome-at-the-time camera. This go round I designed the upgrade package, got to pick its replacement, put it in and fire it up. 

Very cool 

Fells Point?

18 mins ago, JaseB said:

So you work for Soros?

He couldn’t afford me.

4 mins ago, JimW said:

Fells Point?

Real close actually. Domino is over past fed hill off key highway and I was near the aquarium in the inner harbor. The bottom of the first pic shows the top of the coast guard ship that’s behind hard rock. 

4 hours ago, Mauru said:

Here's a crummy old abandoned 1920's/30's standing steamer trunk i pulled outta the community garbage bin...after a bit of love, actually turned out to be a pretty nice tequila/rum cabinet...

trunktest5.jpg

trunktest.jpg

trunktest2.jpg

h

Nice work. :th: Now I'm thirsty.